Business Planning and Finances

Cannot File Your Taxes by April 15th?

Having trouble gathering your documentation this year or have another reason you cannot file your taxes by April 15th? Then you need to:

  • Get an automatic tax extension by filling out Form 4868
  • Attach a check for the amount of money you owe for taxes with your Form 4868 on April 15
  • File your taxes by October 15
  • If you do not file Form 4868 by April 15, you will have to pay a late filing penalty.
  • Refunds are not made until you file your tax forms.
  • U.S. citizens, resident aliens, or military personnel living and working outside of the U.S. have two extra months to file and pay taxes without requesting an extension.
  • Federal and state tax deadlines are the same, April 15th.
  • Rossetti Tax and Accounting can help you with a file a tax extension and prepare your documentation to file in October.
// //